If your gums bleed while you are brushing and flossing your teeth, contact Dental Images of Oklahoma City to learn if you could benefit from a gum disease treatment.
Dr. Layton and our professional team keep your whole mouth healthy with a variety of general dentistry options at our Oklahoma City, OK, dentist office.
Protect Your Gums And Your Smile
Along with keeping your mouth healthy, gum disease treatments can have many benefits you may not expect, including:
- Fresher breath
- A lower risk of losing teeth in the future
- Saving money and time in the future because you’ll require less dental work
- A more attractive smile
- Reducing your risk of systemic health problems associated with gum disease
Watch Out For Signs Of Gum Disease
To know for sure if you are suffering from gum disease, visit our Oklahoma City, OK dental office for a professional evaluation. That said, if you are experiencing any of the following, your mouth may be affected by gum disease:
- Persistent bad breath
- Gums that bleed while brushing and flossing
- Teeth that feel loose
- Swollen, red, and/or tender gums
- Gums that have receded, exposing tooth roots
- Sensitivity or pain in your teeth, especially while chewing
We’ll Get Your Gums Healthy Again
If you do have gum disease, we’ll remove the infection using special tools and deep cleaning techniques, including:
- Scaling, which removes the harmful bacteria from in between your teeth and gums
- Root planing, which smooths your tooth roots so bacteria won’t reappear
- Perio Protect® treatments, which use customized trays to deliver bacteria-fighting medicine to your gums
- Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique can repair gum recession caused by gum disease
If there’s any chance of discomfort, we’ll numb your mouth with an anesthetic so you won’t feel anything. We can also help you relax and relieve dental anxiety with dental sedation.